Karate: Homa bay team heading to SA tourney
Homa Bay County Karate team has qualified for this year’s Japan Karate Association All Africa Karate Cup and the JKA Africa Championships in South Africa.
The team will participate in the JKA All Africa Karate Cup scheduled for August 28 to 31 and the JKA Africa Championships on September 1 in Johannesburg.
South African JKA Karate Association will host the event. The coach Hesborn Dondi said they will register the name of Homa Bay County in the international map during the event.
“This event will also enable us get new karate tactics from other parts of Africa,” Dondi said.
Karate has taken root in Homa Bay country since its introduction in 2015 with coach Dondi in the forefront of helping residents acquire the skills. A karate club at Homa Bay Police Station has enable the residents acquire self-defence skills while developing their interest in the sport. [James Omoro]
- Big Boys don’t cry: Which way next for Golf Majors?Golf 1 week ago
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 2 weeks ago
- Uhuru to preside over Safari RallySports 2 weeks ago
- Chelsea new boss opens up on team future, names star who'll be crucial for Blues next seasonFootball 1 week ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 week ago
- How Messi changed his preparation as Barcelona clash with LiverpoolFootball 2 months ago
- Arsenal appoint former midfielder technical directorFootball 1 week ago