Karate: Homa bay team heading to SA tourney
Homa Bay County Karate team has qualified for this year’s Japan Karate Association All Africa Karate Cup and the JKA Africa Championships in South Africa.
The team will participate in the JKA All Africa Karate Cup scheduled for August 28 to 31 and the JKA Africa Championships on September 1 in Johannesburg.
South African JKA Karate Association will host the event. The coach Hesborn Dondi said they will register the name of Homa Bay County in the international map during the event.
“This event will also enable us get new karate tactics from other parts of Africa,” Dondi said.
Karate has taken root in Homa Bay country since its introduction in 2015 with coach Dondi in the forefront of helping residents acquire the skills. A karate club at Homa Bay Police Station has enable the residents acquire self-defence skills while developing their interest in the sport. [James Omoro]
- Man United goalkeeper De Gea blasts ‘stupid’ criticismFootball 15 hours ago
- Real Madrid’s plans for stunning Sh41 billion stadium revealed [Photos]Football 12 hours ago
- Heartwarming story of Mfang'ano, island of great soccer talentFootball 11 hours ago
- Jose Mourinho explains why his captain will not play against Young Boys tonight Football 8 hours ago
- Sang: We won't phase out Kipchoge Keino's nameAthletics 23 hours ago
- Champions League Group A: Atletico shake off domestic woes to clinch comeback win at MonacoFootball 22 hours ago
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 22 hours ago