KECOSO games: Posta edge CA to win football, basketball titles
Postal Corporation of Kenya (PCK) beat Communications Authority (CA) 4-3 in a hotly contested football final in the ongoing 39th Kenya Communication’s Sports Organisation games at Bukhungu Stadium.
PCK also won the men basketball title with a 61-50 win over CA after dominating the quarters 16-07, 16-12, 09-17 and 22-14.
In football, Emmanuel Mogaka opened the scores for CA in the 11th minute after receiving a pass from Job Tinyo.
CA’s lead, however, lasted only seven minutes, with the tournament top scorer Jeremiah Wanjala pouncing on a Kennedy Otieno cross to put Posta level in the 18 minute to score his seventh goal of the competition before adding his eighth four minutes later.
Wanjala completed his hat-trick in the 25th.
Brian Okeyo reduced Posta’s tally in the 36 minute by easily heading past Sammy Okinda after defender Jockins Atudo slipped giving him all the space.
Otieno scored the fourth for Posta immediately after the break, with his shot from 20 yards slipping through John Bataro’s hands.
KPA settled for the third position after seeing off a stubborn KAA through a 47th-minute strike by Stephen Muya.
Posta head coach Sammy Omollo said the competition has helped him gauge his players ahead of the remaining Premier League ties.
“We have taken the competitions very seriously and it has enabled me to see the performance of some of my players who have been out injured,” Omollo said.
- Kenya taught vital football lesson by SenegalFootball 2 weeks ago
- Former Barca and Man City midfielder Yaya Toure has a new clubFootball 2 weeks ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 1 week ago
- JESUS WEPT! Brazil superstar punches VAR before breaking down in tearsFootball 1 week ago
- Sevilla arrive in Tanzania tomorrowFootball 2 months ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 2 weeks ago
- Manchester United secure major signing ahead of new seasonFootball 2 weeks ago