Linton Maina impresses for Hannover - catches the eye of Man United scouts
Hannover 96 midfielder Linton Maina has become the talk of the town after he made his Bundesliga debut and impressed in pre-season.
Maina (19) was born in Berlin to German Mother and Kenyan father and made his professional debut for Hannover 96 on March 18, 2018.
He wears the number 40 and has only made two appearances for Die Roten (Hannover).
He started out his youth career in 2003, playing for SV Pfefferwerk for seven years before moving to Hannover.
He has made three appearances for the German under 16 national team, four for the under 17s, six for the under 18s and five for the under 19 side.
On Saturday, May 12, 2018, Maina bagged his first assist against Bayer Leverkusen and was overjoyed.
“My first input in the game was successful as I helped the team win a free kick in a dangerous position and it gave me confidence. The assist is my highlight and it felt great,” said Main as seen on a local sports website.
According to a number of news outlets in Germany, Maina has caught the eye of a few scouts at Manchester United. Reports indicate that the Red Devils see him as capable of making an impact in the Premier League in the future – a similar case of Leroy Sane, the German who was signed by Pep Guardiola at Man City.
Hannover 96 coach Andre Breitenreiter has expressed deep satisfaction with Maina’s performances of late and has hinted of including him in the first team.
He is eligible to play for the Kenya National Team Harambee Stars
- Dennis the Menace is backFootball 12 hours ago
- Arsenal vs Chelsea line-ups at 8:30pmFootball 16 hours ago
- Mathare back to the top after five-goal thrillerFootball 12 hours ago
- Serena Williams ‘Woman’ of The Year GQ cover sparks controversyTennis 2 months ago
- Lady golfer offers important lessons from Safari Tour at MuthaigaGolf 2 days ago
- James Odu Cobra: Gone but not forgottenFootball 2 days ago
- Kenya Pipeline Company pump Sh3m into awardsSports 1 week ago