Football: Defending champions Modern Coast Rangers fall in Ngano Cup
Defending champions Modern Coast Rangers were forced off the road as Mombasa Taifa Ngano entered the quarterfinals yesterday at Mombasa Sports Club.
In a pre-quarter final match at Mombasa Sports Club on Saturday, Rangers who play in the FKF national Super League were beaten 2-1 by former champions Fetuwe 2-1.
Fetuwe joined Green Eagles who beat Santos with the same margin in another pre quarter final clash.
Green Eagles take on Mombasa Maize Millers at Mombasa Sports Club while Tudor tackle Octopus at Mbaraki ground today.
Glimt and Omax chalk up victories
Omax hit Bodo Glimt 2-0 in one of the FKF Mombasa Premier League ties played at the weekend at various venues. The win has lifted Omax's chances of finishing the league at a respectable position.
In other matches, Wananyuki drew 3-3 with Boca Juniors while Mantubila settled for a barren draw with Westham.
In division one matches Barsheba City beat Portreitz 4-2 as Likoni Youth crushed 3 Mombasa Hamlets 3-0. [Ernest Ndunda]
- Alexis Sanchez ‘lonely and ignored’ at Man United, only speaks to three teammatesPremier League 9 hours ago
- Arsenal’s Welbeck could be out for the rest of the seasonPremier League 11 hours ago
- Ex-England coach undergoes heart surgery after collapsing on his 61st birthdayFootball 11 hours ago
- Man City’s Walker deletes tweet mocking Man United – but fans see it anywayPremier League 13 hours ago
- Why Ronaldo went home a sad man after loss to Man United – JuventusFootball 12 hours ago
- Nemanja Vidic refuses to criticise Jose Mourinho after derby humiliationPremier League 15 hours ago
- Kenya –Sierra Leone AFCON qualifier called offFootball 14 hours ago