View Arsenal’s position in the Premier League after 2-0 defeat to Manchester City
* Premier League champions Manchester City won 2-0 away to Arsenal
* New Arsenal manager Unai Emery saw his team well beaten
* England's Raheem Stirling gave City a halftime lead
* Petr Cech kept the score down with some good saves
* Cech could not prevent Bernardo Silva thrashing in City's second
* Riyad Mahrez almost scored on an encouraging City debut
* Arsenal at Chelsea on Saturday; City home to Huddersfield on Sunday
Manchester City, who romped to Premier League success by 19 points last season, began the defence of their title with an impressive win away to an Arsenal side playing under new Spanish manager Unai Emery on Sunday.
Attempting to become the first team since Manchester United in 2009 to retain the title, the champions were good value with goals by Raheem Stirling and Bernardo Silva.
Sterling went past two weak challengers to put City ahead in the first quarter of an hour with his 50th league goal.
Soon after debutant Riyad Mahrez from Leicester City was substituted, Bernardo Silva added the second in the 65th minute.
- Update on retired striker Ronaldo’s recovery, days after he was admitted to ICUFootball 3 hours ago
- WWE legend is deadSports 1 day ago
- Arsenal manager Emery explains why they were beaten 2-0 by Manchester CityPremier League 1 day ago
- Manchester United star set to pen mega deal and make him one of best paid ever Football 10 hours ago
- Tottenham forced to delay opening of new stadiumPremier League 20 hours ago
- Golf: Owuor awes Thika as Ndunda rules MachakosGolf 1 day ago
- Manchester City's Silva retires from Spain dutyPremier League 20 hours ago