Blow to Chelsea as Higuain agrees move to another Serie A outfit on loan
Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain has agreed to join AC Milan on a season-long loan deal, with an option to buy next summer for £32m, according to Sky Sport Italy. Official announcement is imminent.
It is a disappointment for new Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri who was reported to be interested in landing the striker in Stamford Bridge.
The deal also involved Leonardo Bonucci returning to Juventus from AC Milan. Juve will be happy to get back a legend and one of the most decorated center-backs in the world.
The 30-year-old joined the Serie A giants back in 2016 and proceeded to score 55 goals in 105 appearances.
The move has been influenced by Cristiano Ronaldo’s arrival at Juventus which meant that one striker had to leave and Juventus think Paulo Dybala is best fit to partner the former Real Madrid forward.
- Ten-man Gor Mahia edge Tusker 1-0Football 3 weeks ago
- Mighty Brazil held on neutral soil as helpless Neymar watches from standsFootball 12 hours ago
- Jose Mourinho gets Sh2.5b in compensationFootball 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars sign Sh20m dealFootball 1 week ago
- ‘We were not best mates’ – Bale makes shock admission on relationship with ZidaneFootball 1 month ago
- Erick Omondi: Shave your hair and give out fiancee – Kenyans demandSports 1 week ago
- Higuain, Jorginho earn Chelsea hard fought derby win over FulhamFootball 3 weeks ago