Harambee Starlets face Rwanda in last match of tourney
Harambee Starlets will face Rwanda’s She Amavubi in their last match of the Cecafa Women Championship at Stade de Kigali, Nyamirambo, today.
The national team posted poor performance in the 2018 edition of the regional tournament that’s a stark contrast to the past editions where they chalked up runner up spot behind Tanzania.
Speaking after their 0-1 loss to Ethiopia, Starlets head coach David Ouma said he has quality players and the transition of the team has been good.
“The players have shown character in all the matches they have played. All is not lost. We will go back to the drawing board to plan on how we can improve,” he said.
Starlets are seeking for a consolation win against the hosts but it will not be an easy ride.
Ouma’s charges started the championship on the wrong footing with a shock 1-0 defeat to Uganda in their opener and forced a 1-1 draw against holders Tanzania.
From three matches, Starlets lie on the bottom of the table standings with five-nation championship which was played in a round robin format.
Uganda lead the standing on seven points after finishing their matches on Wednesday while Ethiopia is second on six points from three matches.
Tanzania lie third with four points while hosts are fourth-placed with three points from three matches.
Despite starting well in the championship with a 1-0 win over Tanzania, Rwanda lost 3-0 to Ethiopia before forcing a 2-2 draw against a rejuvenated Crested Cranes of Uganda in their third match. Kenya will only be playing for formality while Rwanda are seeking points.
- JESUS WEPT! Brazil superstar punches VAR before breaking down in tearsFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Ighalo seeks to burst South African bubbleFootball 1 month ago
- Moussa Dembele makes Man Utd transfer decision amid Liverpool and Arsenal interestFootball 1 month ago
- Points to catch Safari Rally action today for freeSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea fans react after Lampard’s appointment as managerFootball 1 month ago
- Messi fumes at Copa America Football 1 month ago