Manchester United suffer huge injury set-back as first team star picks up injury
Manchester United are unable to call upon Nemanja Matic duirng their tour of the United States.
Jose Mourinho is already without a host of first-team stars due their World Cup commitments and has since suffered further setbacks.
Antonio Valencia has flown home due to a calf injury while Anthony Martial has also left the tour with his partner due to give birth.
And United are also now without the services of midfielder Matic.
The Serbian only linked up with the squad this week due to his involvement at the World Cup and took part in an individual training session on Tuesday.
He wasn't expected to feature against Milan on Thursday but the club have confirmed he has suffered an injury.
Matic is a major doubt for the clash with Liverpool on Sunday and it remains to be seen how long he will be on the sidelines.
"The important thing for me is with the group of players we have - and losing already Valencia and Matic - even worse to play against Milan’s best team and to play the way we did and get the result that could be even better than it was I think was good," Mourinho told MUTV.
United will be boosted by the arrivals of summer signing Fred and goalkeeper David De Gea in the US after some time off.
Paul Pogba, Romelu Lukaku, Jesse Lingard, Phil Jones and Marcus Rashford remain on holiday - but Ashley Young has been urged to cut his break short amid a defensive crisis.
- Rally: KNRC battle moves to Machakos CountySports 11 hours ago
- Kisii-based Shabana FC makes a return to the NSLFootball 2 weeks ago
- Xavi reveals who between Neymar and Mbappe is closer to reaching Messi’s levelFootball 1 week ago
- Gor Mahia coach Dylan Kerr resignsFootball 1 day ago
- VAR to be used in Premier LeagueFootball 1 day ago
- How Cristiano Ronaldo shocked team-mates after Juventus win at Manchester UnitedFootball 2 weeks ago
- Cricket: Kenyans in nervy victory over SingaporeCricket 11 hours ago