Harry Maguire responds to Man United over summer transfer
Harry Maguire has hinted that he might leave Leicester City for a top club this summer, according to UK Sports Outlet Metro.
The 25-year-old joined Leicester from Hull City last summer and has been brilliant for the Foxes since his debut.
He also got a chance to play for England at the 2018 World Cup in Russia, where he was impressive throughout the tournament.
Maguire’s performance in Russia has made him a huge transfer target for Manchester United and other top clubs.
The England international has four years left on his current contract at the King Power Stadium, which means that United will have to spend big to land the defender at Old Trafford.
Metro reports that Maguire has admitted, ‘every player wants to play at the highest level’ hinting that he would welcome the chance to switch to Old Trafford.
‘Every player wants to play at the highest level,’ Maguire was quoted by Metro.
‘I’ve just come back from playing at a World Cup, where I really enjoyed the high pressure of the games.
‘It was something that I really thrived off.
‘Leicester have been unbelievable to me and I’m really happy there but I’m also an ambitious player and everyone wants to play at the top,’ he added.
- Rugby: Kenya drops in global rankings after Canada thrashingRugby 10 hours ago
- Emerging Stars: Under 23 side hosts Mauritius at Kasarani todayFootball 10 hours ago
- Pogba’s latest statement leaves Man United fans excited worldwidePremier League 21 minutes ago
- Bandari back from Zanzibar tripFootball 10 hours ago
- Everton give K'ogalo a beating at Goodison ParkFootball 1 week ago
- Why Alexis Sanchez only speaks to three Manchester United team-matesFootball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Chespol shortlisted for IAAF awardAthletics 10 hours ago