Chelsea reject £50m Willian offer from Barcelona
Chelsea have rejected a £50m bid for Willian from Barcelona with Manchester United also keen to land the Brazilian.
The La Liga champions want the 29-year-old to add depth to their attack after the departure of Andres Iniesta.
Willian could link up with compatriot Philippe Coutinho, with the pair both starting for Tite's Brazil at the World Cup.
The Mail believe the Blues have dismissed the offer, but the Blaugrana could return, with Manchester United also said to be interested.
Willian's representatives have held talks in Barcelona, though there is no hint that Chelsea are willing to cash in on the player yet.
Antonio Conte's future will play heavily into Willian's desire to leave, with the player furious at being omitted from the FA Cup final line-up.
He posted a picture of the side celebrating the win over Manchester United, but blocked Conte with trophy emojis.
Replacing Conte with Maurizio Sarri could convince Willian to stay in London.
- Athletics: Kinyua appointed Meru Sports Council chiefAthletics 5 hours ago
- Sh1.1m raised for noble cause: Chebii swings to victory as Weru registers maiden course Hole-in-OneGolf 1 day ago
- Motorsport: Weekend Hill Climb competition postponed due to unforeseen reasonsSports 5 hours ago
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 5 hours ago
- Basketball: KPA’s trip to Tanzania in doubtBasketball 5 hours ago
- City lawyer Donald Kipkorir publishes opinion on why some athletes go from riches to rags on retirementAthletics 1 day ago
- Treasury holds onto Sh8b as Sports suffer: Harambee Stars coach yet to be paid for two monthsFootball 2 days ago