Manchester United to announce first summer signing in coming days
With the summer transfer window officially opened, Manchester United are planning to finalize most of their business in the transfer market before the World Cup tournament kicks off next month.
With the likes of Luke Shaw, Maruoane Fellaini, Daley Blind, Matteo Darmian likely to depart ways with the club this summer, United will be looking to sign new quality to strengthen their squad.
One deal that United are on the cusp of sealing is one that involves Juventus left-back Alex Sandro.
The27-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford in recent months with Luke Shaw on the verge of leaving.
Chelsea are also reported to be interested in Sandro’s signature but United are believed to be the favourites in the contest.
Reports from La Stampa indicates that United are finalizing on a £44million deal for the Brazilian with official announcement imminent.
Although Darmian is expected to sign for Juventus, he won’t be part of the deal to bring Sandro to Old Trafford.
Sandro will not be part of Brazil squad travelling to Russia next month as he was left out of Tite’s 23-man squad.
- CNN’s Richard Quest visits Kenya, meets marathon Champion Eliud KipchogeSports 49 minutes ago
- GSU lift Nakuru County Championships trophyVolleyball and Handball 22 hours ago
- Barcelona star lined up by Arsenal for shock January loanFootball 1 day ago
- Former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger reveals he's ready to start a new job in JanuaryFootball 5 days ago
- Unai Emery sends warning to Arsenal fans about certain chantFootball 4 days ago
- TaeKwondo: Mombasa to host World Taekwondo Demonstration DaySports 5 days ago
- Why Harambee Stars have not received Sh50 million despite 3-0 win over Ethiopia Football 1 week ago