Silva's emotional post after prematurely born six-month old son is finally allowed home
Manchester City midfielder David Silva has paid tribute to hospital staff in an emotional post after his six-month old son Mateo was finally allowed home.
Mateo was born prematurely and has needed round-the-clock care in hospital since his birth.
But Silva was all smiles as he posted pictures alongside his son and medical professionals in a tweet announcing they had been allowed home.
He posted: "We're finally going home!
"We will be eternally grateful for the amazing team of the pediatric maternity and ICU units of the Hospital Casa de Salud for the professionalism and human treatment that have shown us these 5 long months.
"Just thank you!"
Silva has been travelling back and forth to and from Spain during the season and headed straight back there after the culmination of the Premier League campaign.
He missed the trophy parade in Manchester but appeared by video link to pay tribute to teammate Yaya Toure who is leaving the Etihad.
Holding Mateo in his arms, Silva said: “I want to apologize for not being able to celebrate here with you today.
“Thank you for understanding my situation, I will be in debt with you forever, so thank you very much.
“In the future I will be able to tell my son I played with the best African footballer ever.
“I wish you the best of luck. I want to say everyone - enjoy tonight.”
- United should give Solskjaer permanent job this month, says UnitedFootball 1 month ago
- ‘Man City look like world's best but…’ – Klopp isn’t holding backPremier League 2 weeks ago
- Premier League striker Kane reveals where he will end careerFootball 3 weeks ago
- Football team sponsored by porn site RedTubeGossip & Rumours 2 weeks ago
- Why Premier League top 4 finish may not result in UCL qualificationFootball 1 month ago
- Guardiola reacts after cruel Man City exit from Champions LeagueFootball 2 days ago
- ‘Special one’ Mourinho set for sensational return to managementFootball 1 month ago