Silva's emotional post after prematurely born six-month old son is finally allowed home
Manchester City midfielder David Silva has paid tribute to hospital staff in an emotional post after his six-month old son Mateo was finally allowed home.
Mateo was born prematurely and has needed round-the-clock care in hospital since his birth.
But Silva was all smiles as he posted pictures alongside his son and medical professionals in a tweet announcing they had been allowed home.
He posted: "We're finally going home!
"We will be eternally grateful for the amazing team of the pediatric maternity and ICU units of the Hospital Casa de Salud for the professionalism and human treatment that have shown us these 5 long months.
"Just thank you!"
Silva has been travelling back and forth to and from Spain during the season and headed straight back there after the culmination of the Premier League campaign.
He missed the trophy parade in Manchester but appeared by video link to pay tribute to teammate Yaya Toure who is leaving the Etihad.
Holding Mateo in his arms, Silva said: “I want to apologize for not being able to celebrate here with you today.
“Thank you for understanding my situation, I will be in debt with you forever, so thank you very much.
“In the future I will be able to tell my son I played with the best African footballer ever.
“I wish you the best of luck. I want to say everyone - enjoy tonight.”
- Manchester United star ruled out until September - MourinhoFootball 18 hours ago
- Cheptil vow not to drop guardVolleyball and Handball 13 hours ago
- Kobala seek to oust football queens WiyetaSports 13 hours ago
- Why World Cup stewards are in trouble after confronting pitch invadersWorld Cup 2018 1 hour ago
- Standard County Classic Series heads to Nyali ClubGolf 13 hours ago
- Maurizio Sarri banned from his usual half-time ritual by Roman AbramovichFootball 50 minutes ago
- Crested Cranes hit Starlets in Cecafa tieFootball 13 hours ago