Silva's emotional post after prematurely born six-month old son is finally allowed home
Manchester City midfielder David Silva has paid tribute to hospital staff in an emotional post after his six-month old son Mateo was finally allowed home.
Mateo was born prematurely and has needed round-the-clock care in hospital since his birth.
But Silva was all smiles as he posted pictures alongside his son and medical professionals in a tweet announcing they had been allowed home.
He posted: "We're finally going home!
"We will be eternally grateful for the amazing team of the pediatric maternity and ICU units of the Hospital Casa de Salud for the professionalism and human treatment that have shown us these 5 long months.
"Just thank you!"
Silva has been travelling back and forth to and from Spain during the season and headed straight back there after the culmination of the Premier League campaign.
He missed the trophy parade in Manchester but appeared by video link to pay tribute to teammate Yaya Toure who is leaving the Etihad.
Holding Mateo in his arms, Silva said: “I want to apologize for not being able to celebrate here with you today.
“Thank you for understanding my situation, I will be in debt with you forever, so thank you very much.
“In the future I will be able to tell my son I played with the best African footballer ever.
“I wish you the best of luck. I want to say everyone - enjoy tonight.”
- Athletics: Kinyua appointed Meru Sports Council chiefAthletics 4 hours ago
- Sh1.1m raised for noble cause: Chebii swings to victory as Weru registers maiden course Hole-in-OneGolf 1 day ago
- Motorsport: Weekend Hill Climb competition postponed due to unforeseen reasonsSports 4 hours ago
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 4 hours ago
- Basketball: KPA’s trip to Tanzania in doubtBasketball 4 hours ago
- Two football fields on top of a church building in NairobiFootball 1 day ago
- Arsenal’s Mustafi could be fined for making ‘political gesture’ while celebrating goalPremier League 2 weeks ago