Former Premier League star dies in car crash
Former Aston Villa defender Jlloyd Samuel has died in a car crash at the age of 37.
The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association announced the devastating news on their official Facebook page on Tuesday, saying he was involved in car crash in England.
Samuel, a full back, represented England at under-21 level before going on to play for Trinidad and Tobago's senior team.
The TTFA said "the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association and his former national teammates at this time extends deepest condolences to his family members both in the U.K. and here in Trinidad and Tobago."
He made his debut in 1999 and went on to make close to 200 appearances before joining Bolton in 2007.
- Gor Mahia fined – again!Football 11 hours ago
- Paul Pogba showers Jose Mourinho with praise following Champions League winFootball 6 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo red card: What Juventus star said to referee revealedFootball 12 hours ago
- Yaya Toure’s agent leaves fans shocked with latest ‘witchdoctor’ tweet on GuardiolaPremier League 9 hours ago
- Kipchoge has extra-ordinary muscular and mental strength – renowned athletics coachAthletics 13 hours ago
- Two football fields on top of a church building in NairobiFootball 3 days ago
- Usain Bolt can be good defender – World Cup-winning coachFootball 1 week ago