Gor needs financial support - Nyamweya
Former Football Kenya Federation President Sam Nyamweya has called for financial support for Gor Mahia after they qualified for the group stages of the CAF Confederations Cup.
While praising Gor for their feat, Nyamweya said the hard part begins with the team having to travel up to three times out of the country.
“While with this win K’Ogalo guarantee themselves at least Sh27 million, this calls for more financial support," he said, adding: FKF, the Government, corporate sector and the larger football family now needs to be on the forefront in rooting for Gor, as they fly Kenya’s flag across the continent”.
He added: “KPL should ensure that they support the club by making necessary adjustments, whenever it shall be needful, to the fixtures as a way of aiding their preparations for CAF matches.
“In addition, the Government, through the Ministry of Sports, needs to support the team through procurement of tickets and payment of allowances, as this is an important national duty of branding the country through sports.
- Shakava: Gor should start early Caf preparations Football 7 hours ago
- Hockey: Debutants Lakers inch closer to women’s top tierHockey 1 day ago
- Ochieng shows how it’s done: Custodian trainer mentors budding talent in KayoleFootball 7 hours ago
- Golf: Why you should know your ballsGolf 1 day ago
- Kiptanui, Kipkirui lined up for Delhi 121km raceAthletics 7 hours ago
- Done deal: Barcelona star set for Man United moveGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Hockey: Titans beat Multimedia University in Super LeagueHockey 1 week ago