Big battle in Coast showpiece
It will be a re-enactment of last year’s semi-final match when Mombasa champions Aga Khan Academy and Kaya Tiwi School battle this morning at the Coast region secondary schools Term One games at Kenyatta Mwatate in Taita Taveta County.
The boys’ basketball match, which is expected to be a tough encounter, will see Kaya Tiwi try to revenge their last year semi-final defeat by Aga Khan Academy.
“The loss to Aga Khan Academy last year is still fresh in our minds and we are not ready for another defeat,” said Anthony Ojukwu, the Kaya Tiwi coach.
“I have a balanced defence and forwards that are capable of beating the champions,” said Ojukwu.
Jimnah Kimani, who coaches Aga Khan, said he was optimistic of retaining the title despite losing at the Mombasa County games to Shimo La Tewa. “My focus is to retain the regional title,” said Kimani. The two teams met in last year’s semi-finals at Mazeras High School where Aga Khan won but went ahead to lose to St George’s of Kilifi County in the final.
Aga Khan then launched an appeal and St Georges were found guilty of fielding seven illegible players.
The other boys’ basketball match of pool ‘A’ pits Ganze from Kilifi and Mwambiti from Taita Taveta.
- De Gea sends powerful message to Man United fans about joining Real MadridFootball 1 day ago
- Mama Oliech dies in NairobiFootball 1 day ago
- Ozil writes to fans, explains why he met Turkish president ErdoganFootball 6 hours ago
- Barcelona frustrate Manchester United’s plan to sign Chelsea superstarFootball 1 hour ago
- Kenyans Indiza and Andersen make the cut at MastersGolf 1 day ago
- Moments of madness cost Kenya 7s World Cup placeRugby 23 hours ago
- Neymar defends his diving for Brazil at World CupWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago