Stage set for takeoff: Flat grounds offer apt chance for scrutineering and weighing of cars
Pre-Safari Rally events move to Moi International Sports Centre, Kasarani.
Though known as the home of major football and athletics events, the Moi International Sports Centre, Kasarani, has shown its potential as the ideal place for the 2018 WRC Safari Rally Project pre-event activities.
Scrutineering, which is Safari’s most important pre-rally event, will be done on Thursday outside the stadium's gates 9 and 10, said the Clerk-of-Course Gurvir Bhabra.
The rally officials will check the eligibility of cars as competition machines and ascertain safety standards as per the International Motorsport Federation (FIA) set standards.
Bhabra said the concrete surface at Kasarani was flat and with the ideal gradient to check cars compared to the original Kenya International Convention Centre spot.
"The area in front of the ticket booths at Kasarani will be turned into parking bays, which will allow drivers and their crew to park awaiting being served," added Gurvir.
Kasarani is also the headquarters of the WRC Safari Rally Project with more than 3,000 square feet office space.
Bhabra said the rally drivers must park their rally cars at KICC on Friday by 9am and be seated by 10am, an hour before the first car is flagged off.
- Southgate dislocates shoulder while out running ahead of England's World Cup 2018 clash vs PanamaWorld Cup 2018 1 hour ago
- Long-hitting Dustin Johnson reigns as number oneGolf 9 hours ago
- Kenyan boxer Agina still missing since Commonwealth Games in Australia two months agoBoxing 40 minutes ago
- Kenya Simbas ready to attack after Sh53m dealRugby 9 hours ago
- Uruguay 1-0 Saudi Arabia: Luis Suarez strikes to secure World Cup 2018 progressionFootball 12 hours ago
- Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson rushed to hospital for emergency surgeryGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- AK issues statement on Kiprop’s doping allegationAthletics 1 month ago