Champs Kaya Tiwi in ‘group of death’
National secondary schools girls’ basketball champions Kaya Tiwi from Coast Region have once again been pooled in a tough group in next month’s national Term One games in Embu.
Kaya Tiwi, who have little opposition at both county and regional games, are in pool ‘B’ alongside representatives from Rift Valley, Nyanza, and Western regions.
Kaya Tiwi won all their Matuga sub-county matches to qualify for the Kwale County games set for Saturday and Sunday at Mazeras Boys and Mazeras Memorial schools.
The Ministry of Education has made major changes in the school games calendar, abolishing the old format of a three-round system that featured Term One, Term Two A and Term 2 B games.
Handball and athletics, formerly held in Term 2 A, will now be in Term One alongside basketball, hockey, 15s rugby, and swimming.
- Kwale dominate school gamesSports 7 hours ago
- Snook wary of Morocco threatRugby 7 hours ago
- Arsenal midfield star to leave the club after 17 years of serviceFootball 2 days ago
- Messi and Aguero to retire from international football if Argentina flop out of World CupWorld Cup 2018 16 hours ago
- Fans shocked by what Messi did in Argentina's defeat by Croatia in World CupWorld Cup 2018 22 hours ago
- Yaya Toure says Guardiola has problem with African playersFootball 2 weeks ago
- Cruel World Cup group has Morocco, Iran grasping at strawsWorld Cup 2018 1 week ago