Champs Kaya Tiwi in ‘group of death’
National secondary schools girls’ basketball champions Kaya Tiwi from Coast Region have once again been pooled in a tough group in next month’s national Term One games in Embu.
Kaya Tiwi, who have little opposition at both county and regional games, are in pool ‘B’ alongside representatives from Rift Valley, Nyanza, and Western regions.
Kaya Tiwi won all their Matuga sub-county matches to qualify for the Kwale County games set for Saturday and Sunday at Mazeras Boys and Mazeras Memorial schools.
The Ministry of Education has made major changes in the school games calendar, abolishing the old format of a three-round system that featured Term One, Term Two A and Term 2 B games.
Handball and athletics, formerly held in Term 2 A, will now be in Term One alongside basketball, hockey, 15s rugby, and swimming.
- Aged 51, George Weah comes out of retirement [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Basketball: Zetech dribble closer to playoffs slotBasketball 8 hours ago
- Kenya beat Malawi in a friendly matchFootball 1 week ago
- Gary Neville warns Paul Pogba, fuels transfer speculationPremier League 1 week ago
- Stars play Malawi Flames today: Bandari’s Shikalo and Sofapaka’s Mutamba in line for starting rolesFootball 1 week ago
- This is why I rejected Manchester United last month – Jerome BoatengPremier League 1 week ago
- Migne names Stars squad for Ethiopia Afcon qualifierFootball 2 days ago