KUSA: Zetech students raid Co-operative’s safe
Zetech reigned supreme over Co-operative University in a Kenya Universities Sports Association basketball match at the University of Nairobi over the weekend.
In what seemed to be a one-sided encounter, Zetech Titans thrashed Cooperative 84-11. Cheered on by their enthusiastic fans, Zetech picked 40 points against four after the first two quarters.
Faheem Juma scored a game high of 17 points while his teammate Riak Tok had 14. Alex Peter scored six points for Co-operative.
Zetech head coach, Joe Munene, took delighted in his side’s huge victory, urging them to maintain the same form ahead of their next assignments.
“This is a good show and has a positive impact to our side. There are more matches ahead, so we must be in the same shape,” said Munene.
While their men’s team was ruthless against Co-operative, their ladies’ team was unlucky after they lost to hosts University of Nairobi.
UoN dominated the thriller to win 36-27. [Dennis Okeyo]
- Aged 51, George Weah comes out of retirement [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Kenya beat Malawi in a friendly matchFootball 1 week ago
- Gary Neville warns Paul Pogba, fuels transfer speculationPremier League 1 week ago
- Basketball: Zetech dribble closer to playoffs slotBasketball 8 hours ago
- Athletics: Lorita and Cherono triumph at annual Mombasa marathonAthletics 8 hours ago
- Mourinho reveals why they didn’t winFootball 1 day ago
- What’s left of Conseslus Kipruto’s car after Tuesday night crash? [Photos]Athletics 3 days ago