Uhuru and Odinga congratulate Olunga for becoming the first Kenyan and first Girona player to score a hat trick in La Liga
President Uhuru Kenyatta and NASA leader Raila Odinga have joined Kenyans in congratulating Kenyan international forward Michael ‘Engineer’ Olunga after his goals made him the first Kenyan and first Girona player to score a hat trick in La Liga.
Olunga scored a hat trick after coming off the bench in Girona FC’s 6-0 demolition of Las Palmas on Saturday in a stunning second half display.
The 23 year old, who made a loan move to the Catalan club from Chinese side Guizhou Zhicheng last year, netted his first goal in the 57th minute, second goal in the 70th minute and the final goal in the 79th minute.
Following Girona FC’s win, Uhuru Kenyatta took to social media to congratulate the Harambee Stars striker for making history as the first Kenyan footballer to score a goal in the Spanish La Liga;
“Congratulations Michael Olunga for making history as the first Kenyan footballer to score a goal in the Spanish La Liga; and the first player to score a hattrick for Girona FC in the Spanish top league. Continue flying the #MagicalKenya flag high,” he wrote on his official Facebook account.
Former Prime Minister, Odinga also tweeted his congratulatory message to Olunga for making history;
"Congratulations to Kenyan born Michael Olunga on becoming the first @GironaFC player to score a hat-trick in the Spanish #LaLigaSantander," Odinga tweeted.
- Liverpool's Mane undergoes hand surgeryFootball 3 days ago
- Chelsea 2-2 Manchester United: Last gasp Barkley strike saves ChelseaPremier League 22 hours ago
- Unai Emery sends warning to Arsenal fans about certain chantFootball 2 days ago
- SHUT IT! Man United players share clips of legends’ mistakesPremier League 3 days ago
- Wanyama: This is our timeFootball 3 days ago
- E. Guinea thrown out, H. Starlets qualifyFootball 3 days ago
- Semenya's case delays gender rule executionAthletics 3 days ago