The winner of $450m Mega Millions jackpot identified as 20-year-old man
The man who won $450 million Mega Millions jackpot has been identified as 20-year-old Shane Missler from Florida.
Missler came forward on Friday to claim the lone winning ticket in the second largest jackpot won by a single ticket, according to the Florida Lottery.
Missler "A believer in the power of a positive mindset, Shane wasn’t really surprised that he had won," the Florida Lottery said. "He said he just had 'a feeling' that he might."
Moments after the announcement, Missler's Facebook page was quickly flooded with congratulations messages.
Shane, who will take a lump sum payout of $281.2 million, purchased the winning ticket at a 7-Eleven store on Ridge Road in Pasco County.
When asked what he plans to do with the jackpot, Shane said, “I’m only 20, but I hope to use it to pursue a variety of passions, help my family and do some good for humanity," he said in a statement.
- Pogba’s Man United future in fresh doubt as Barcelona plan 'full-scale assault' Premier League 9 hours ago
- REVEALED: Richest football league clubs based on owners' wealthFootball 8 hours ago
- Broadcast rights: StarTimes to air Europa LeagueFootball 19 hours ago
- A week in the life of Liverpool star Mohamed SalahPremier League 6 hours ago
- KPL: AFC lick wounds after painful loss to Kariobangi sideFootball 19 hours ago
- EFL Championship preview: West Brom finally finding their best form in title chasePremier League 9 hours ago
- Athletics: Huge field for Mombasa International Marathon Athletics 19 hours ago