The winner of $450m Mega Millions jackpot identified as 20-year-old man
The man who won $450 million Mega Millions jackpot has been identified as 20-year-old Shane Missler from Florida.
Missler came forward on Friday to claim the lone winning ticket in the second largest jackpot won by a single ticket, according to the Florida Lottery.
Missler "A believer in the power of a positive mindset, Shane wasn’t really surprised that he had won," the Florida Lottery said. "He said he just had 'a feeling' that he might."
Moments after the announcement, Missler's Facebook page was quickly flooded with congratulations messages.
Shane, who will take a lump sum payout of $281.2 million, purchased the winning ticket at a 7-Eleven store on Ridge Road in Pasco County.
When asked what he plans to do with the jackpot, Shane said, “I’m only 20, but I hope to use it to pursue a variety of passions, help my family and do some good for humanity," he said in a statement.
- Games' security: Why terrorists have no chance in RussiaWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Kiprono survives early scare in Karen Masters qualifiersGolf 18 hours ago
- England lineup against Tunisia leaked hours to the gameWorld Cup 2018 2 hours ago
- World Cup Group E: Captain Kolarov fires Serbia to victory over Costa RicaWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Maradona speaks out on Lionel Messi’s missed penaltyWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- Why Egypt’s Elshenawy declined ‘Man of the Match Award’World Cup 2018 7 hours ago
- Manchester United set to sign Chelsea starFootball 6 hours ago