Chelsea's Christensen signs new long-term deal
Chelsea centre back Andreas Christensen has signed a new 4-1/2 year contract after impressive performances this season following a loan spell in Germany, the Premier League club said on Tuesday.
The 21-year-old Denmark international has made 22 appearances for the Engish champions this term having cemented his place at the heart of Antonio Conte's three-man defence.
Christensen returned to Chelsea in the close season after two years on loan at Borussia Moenchengladbach in the Bundesliga.
"It feels really good to sign a new contract and I’m just happy to be committed to Chelsea for the future. I’ve played a lot of games, I’m enjoying it at the club and everything is working well," he said on the club website (www.chelseafc.com).
Christensen helped Denmark qualify for this year’s World Cup by scoring in their 5-1 playoff win over Ireland in November.
- Gor Mahia fined – again!Football 9 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo red card: What Juventus star said to referee revealedFootball 10 hours ago
- Yaya Toure’s agent leaves fans shocked with latest ‘witchdoctor’ tweet on GuardiolaPremier League 8 hours ago
- Paul Pogba showers Jose Mourinho with praise following Champions League winFootball 4 hours ago
- Kipchoge has extra-ordinary muscular and mental strength – renowned athletics coachAthletics 12 hours ago
- Two football fields on top of a church building in NairobiFootball 3 days ago
- Usain Bolt can be good defender – World Cup-winning coachFootball 1 week ago