Chelsea's Christensen signs new long-term deal
Chelsea centre back Andreas Christensen has signed a new 4-1/2 year contract after impressive performances this season following a loan spell in Germany, the Premier League club said on Tuesday.
The 21-year-old Denmark international has made 22 appearances for the Engish champions this term having cemented his place at the heart of Antonio Conte's three-man defence.
Christensen returned to Chelsea in the close season after two years on loan at Borussia Moenchengladbach in the Bundesliga.
"It feels really good to sign a new contract and I’m just happy to be committed to Chelsea for the future. I’ve played a lot of games, I’m enjoying it at the club and everything is working well," he said on the club website (www.chelseafc.com).
Christensen helped Denmark qualify for this year’s World Cup by scoring in their 5-1 playoff win over Ireland in November.
- Sh208million Sportpesa jackpot winner Cosmas Korir plans to launch tournamentFootball 10 hours ago
- Dennis Oliech eyeing big return to footballFootball 1 day ago
- Sharks raring to swim against Kotoko’s tideFootball 10 hours ago
- Man United striker Lukaku has finally spoken about his body, reveals his problemFootball 4 days ago
- How Africa’s top footballers fared in EuropeFootball 1 month ago
- Why Morocco will not host 2019 Afcon Football 1 day ago
- Mourinho set to be punished by FA for touchline brawlFootball 1 month ago