Chelsea's Christensen signs new long-term deal
Chelsea centre back Andreas Christensen has signed a new 4-1/2 year contract after impressive performances this season following a loan spell in Germany, the Premier League club said on Tuesday.
The 21-year-old Denmark international has made 22 appearances for the Engish champions this term having cemented his place at the heart of Antonio Conte's three-man defence.
Christensen returned to Chelsea in the close season after two years on loan at Borussia Moenchengladbach in the Bundesliga.
"It feels really good to sign a new contract and I’m just happy to be committed to Chelsea for the future. I’ve played a lot of games, I’m enjoying it at the club and everything is working well," he said on the club website (www.chelseafc.com).
Christensen helped Denmark qualify for this year’s World Cup by scoring in their 5-1 playoff win over Ireland in November.
- Sweden star threatened, racially abused for costly mistake against GermanyWorld Cup 2018 11 hours ago
- England lineup against Panama leaked, Southgate brings Chelsea youngstarWorld Cup 2018 13 hours ago
- Germany rescue World Cup hopes with dramatic win over SwedenWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- England rout Panama 6-1 with Kane hat-trickWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- Challenges facing Argentina ahead of their must-win group game against NigeriaWorld Cup 2018 1 hour ago
- Lukaku, Hazard power Belgium to brink of World Cup last 16 after a 5-2 romp against TunisiaWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Argentina star reveals the truth about reports on rift between players and coach SampaoliWorld Cup 2018 1 hour ago