Williams to face no charges after fatal crash
Tennis player Venus Williams will not be charged over her involvement in a car crash that led to the death of a 78-year-old man, a police report says.
Jerome Barson's family filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Williams. Palm Beach Gardens police initially said the 37-year-old American was at fault, but footage emerged in July that they said showed her driving lawfully. "Based on this investigation and relevant Florida statutes, no charges will be filed." Barson was a passenger in a car - driven by his wife Linda - that collided with Williams' SUV.
- England beat Tunisia 2-1 in World Cup group gameWorld Cup 2018 10 hours ago
- Basketball: Kenyan national junior teams off to Zone Five qualifersBasketball 9 hours ago
- South Africa-based Nduva wins Kenya Amateur Match play ChampionshipGolf 15 hours ago
- Kiprono survives early scare in Karen Masters qualifiersGolf 1 day ago
- Croatian striker sent home for ‘refusing to play’ in Nigeria winWorld Cup 2018 19 hours ago
- Eagle-eyed viewers spot the brilliant thing Southgate said just before Kane's first goal vs TunisiaWorld Cup 2018 1 hour ago
- Belgium beat Panama 3-0 in World CupWorld Cup 2018 13 hours ago