Williams to face no charges after fatal crash
Tennis player Venus Williams will not be charged over her involvement in a car crash that led to the death of a 78-year-old man, a police report says.
Jerome Barson's family filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Williams. Palm Beach Gardens police initially said the 37-year-old American was at fault, but footage emerged in July that they said showed her driving lawfully. "Based on this investigation and relevant Florida statutes, no charges will be filed." Barson was a passenger in a car - driven by his wife Linda - that collided with Williams' SUV.
- Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech reveals why Wenger was not concerned about winning Football 17 hours ago
- Sports ministry under fire: Officials cry foul over poor working relations with parent ministrySports 11 hours ago
- ‘You will NEVER be captain again’ – Mourinho tells Pogba in training ground bust-upPremier League 2 hours ago
- Hockey: Debutants Lakers inch closer to women’s top tierHockey 1 day ago
- Shakava: Gor should start early Caf preparations Football 11 hours ago
- Manchester United name Paul Pogba price as beef with Mourinho escalatesPremier League 1 hour ago
- Ochieng shows how it’s done: Custodian trainer mentors budding talent in KayoleFootball 11 hours ago