Williams to face no charges after fatal crash
Tennis player Venus Williams will not be charged over her involvement in a car crash that led to the death of a 78-year-old man, a police report says.
Jerome Barson's family filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Williams. Palm Beach Gardens police initially said the 37-year-old American was at fault, but footage emerged in July that they said showed her driving lawfully. "Based on this investigation and relevant Florida statutes, no charges will be filed." Barson was a passenger in a car - driven by his wife Linda - that collided with Williams' SUV.
- Golf: Njoroge claims 2018 Nyali trophyGolf 1 day ago
- Golf: Bollo bolts team to Safari tour Victory Golf 1 day ago
- Ndege, Mariga brave raging winds to bag Jamhuri titlesGolf 1 day ago
- Jurgen Klopp sends message to Jose Mourinho after Manchester United sackingFootball 4 hours ago
- Police look into alleged anti-Semitic chanting after Chelsea matchFootball 1 day ago
- UEFA Europa League draw - round of 32 draw resultsFootball 12 hours ago
- Mourinho FINALLY reveals why they were beaten by Liverpool Football 1 day ago