Mesut Ozil set for shock reunion with Jose Mourinho at the end of his Arsenal contract
Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil is eyeing a sensational switch to Manchester United at the end of his contract, according to reports.
Ozil is said to be free to leave the gunners next season as he continues to delay signing a new deal.
The German international has turned down lucrative offers to remain at the Emirates and looks increasingly likely to be heading for the exit door.
It is understood Arsenal had offered Ozil a £8.1million-per-year contract to stay at the club.
Ozil played under Mourinho during his tenure at Real Madrid between 2010 and 2013.
The move would echo Robin van Persie who left the Gunners for Manchester United before firing the club to the Premier League title.
Alexis Sanchez is also out of contract in the summer but unlike the Chilean, Ozil has failed to attract major interest across Europe.
- Pogba stripped of France goal after Mourinho identifies the scorerWorld Cup 2018 12 hours ago
- Games' security: Why terrorists have no chance in RussiaWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Kiprono survives early scare in Karen Masters qualifiersGolf 22 hours ago
- England lineup against Tunisia leaked hours to the gameWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- Maradona speaks out on Lionel Messi’s missed penaltyWorld Cup 2018 10 hours ago
- World Cup Group E: Captain Kolarov fires Serbia to victory over Costa RicaWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Group F: World Cup holders Germany crash to Mexico defeatWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago