Seven Arsenal stars to sit out Europa League opener with Cologne after missing training
- The Gunners welcome Cologne to the Emirates on Thursday night with Arsene Wenger set to ring the changes
Arsene Wenger is resting seven big names for Arsenal's Europa League opener with Cologne.
Petr Cech, Laurent Koscielny, Alexandre Lacazette, Danny Welbeck, Granit Xhaka, Mesut Ozil and Aaron Ramsey all sat out training this morning and will not be involved, according to the Mirror.
Jack Wilshere trained and is set to start his first game for Arsenal in 13 months.
Alexis Sanchez may also start to boost his match fitness.
The Arsenal absentees will sit out tomorrow to be ready for Sunday's trip to Chelsea.
Per Mertesacker, Theo Walcott and David Ospina are set to be handed some much-needed game time.
A number of youngsters are also expected to be involved at the Emirates, including Reiss Nelson and Joe Willock.
Gunners are battling it out with with FK Crvena Zvezda, BATE and Koln in Group H.
- Reports: Less than a year after joining Blues from Arsenal, Giroud heading out of club ahead of transferFootball 1 hour ago
- Diving school! Neymar teaches kids to fall and rollFootball 1 day ago
- Barcelona player linked with shock move to ArsenalFootball 2 hours ago
- Ozil writes to fans, explains why he met Turkish president ErdoganFootball 8 hours ago
- Mama Oliech dies in NairobiFootball 1 day ago
- De Gea sends powerful message to Man United fans about joining Real MadridFootball 1 day ago
- Moments of madness cost Kenya 7s World Cup placeRugby 1 day ago