Arsenal fans will not be happy at this announcement about referee officiating Chelsea v Arsenal this Sunday
Arsenal make the trip to Stamford Bridge to take on Chelsea on Sunday desperate to avenge their poor recent record against their London rivals.
The Gunners have lost on their last five visits, including the 3-1 setback in February.
And the refereeing appointment for the clash is yet more bad news for Arsene Wenger, reports Football.London.
Michael Oliver will be the man in the middle at Stamford Bridge - something that will not go down well with those behind the scenes at the Emirates.
Arsenal have a shocking record under the Northumberland-born official - winning only four of the 19 Premier League games he has taken charge of over his time in the top division.
Most notably last season, Oliver oversaw both the 3-0 loss at Crystal Palace and Arsenal’s North London derby defeat at White Hart Lane
One slight ray of light for Arsenal is that they did actually pick up three points the last time Oliver took charge of one of their games, the 3-1 victory against Everton on the final day of last season.
He did, however, send Laurent Koscielny off early on and give the Toffees a penalty.
- Lukaku, Hazard power Belgium to brink of World Cup last 16 after a 5-2 romp against TunisiaWorld Cup 2018 1 hour ago
- Brilliant Musa double inspires Nigeria to victory World Cup 2018 22 hours ago
- Chelsea reluctant to pay Conte over his treatment of CostaGossip & Rumours 7 hours ago
- Rhodri Giggs takes shot at brother Ryan Giggs over Manchester bar closureGossip & Rumours 9 hours ago
- PHOTOS: Game Yetu in Russia as Belgium take on TunisiaWorld Cup 2018 4 hours ago
- Petit points out main difference between Ronaldo and Messi in the World CupWorld Cup 2018 9 hours ago
- WORLD CUP 2018: Belgium v Tunisia official lineupsWorld Cup 2018 4 hours ago