Pregnant Coleen 'urges Wayne Rooney to take time off from football to save their marriage'
- Reports claim the former England captain's wife wants him to seek "sympathetic leave"
Wayne Rooney is being asked by pregnant wife Coleen to take time away from football in a bid to save his marriage, it has been claimed.
Rooney has been given a last warning by Everton boss Ronald Koeman after being arrested for drink driving another woman’s car.
And to save his family life, The Sun reports, Coleen is urging the former England captain to seek “sympathetic leave” from the club mid-season to give them time to work through their issues.
Rooney featured in Everton’s 3-0 defeat by Tottenham on Saturday, playing a full 90 minutes after Koeman said that he believed the star was mentally ready to perform on the pitch.
Rooney hit the headlines after the Mirror first revealed he was pulled over by police in the VW Beetle owned by 29-year-old Laura Simpson.
Coleen, who didn't attend Saturday's game at Goodison Park, is said to be willing to keep their family together but wants time away together immediately.
“She has asked him to speak to his manager Ronald Koeman about having some ‘sympathetic’ leave, but she doesn’t know if he’ll get it,” a friend is quoted by The Sun.
- Commonwealth games: No news yet of missing boxer Agina as badminton's Joseph expected todayBoxing 1 month ago
- Kenya Simbas ready to attack after Sh53m dealRugby 5 hours ago
- Fan kissed and groped female World Cup reporter on live TVWorld Cup 2018 20 hours ago
- Spain face date with destiny against Iran todayWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Uruguay 1-0 Saudi Arabia: Luis Suarez strikes to secure World Cup 2018 progressionFootball 7 hours ago
- Portugal coach tips Ronaldo to star in Qatar in 2022World Cup 2018 1 day ago
- WWE Legend Vader Dies at 63Sports 9 hours ago