Manchester City goalkeeper Ederson shows off scars of Sadio Mane challenge
As Manchester City goalkeeper Ederson enjoyed a night out with his family in Manchester on Saturday evening, the effects of his sickening clash with Sadio Mane were clear to see.
Liverpool winger Mane saw red after clashing with the Brazilian shot stopper while chasing a through ball during City's 5-0 win at the Etihad.
Ederson was taken off on a stretcher in the 37th minute before having scans on his jaw and cheekbone following the sickening collision, according to Mirror
The summer recruit from Porto was later released after he was given the all-clear by doctors. However, as he went out for dinner in the city centre, a large dressing was clearly noticeable on his face, protecting a significant facial wound.
Ederson was in good spirits as he walked back to his hotel.
The £34million stopper was happy to stop and chat with fans.
On Saturday evening, Ederson also received a public apology from Mane, the man who kicked him in the face.
And Mane took to Instagram to write: "I hope and wish Ederson a quick recovery.
- Chelsea reluctant to pay Conte over his treatment of CostaGossip & Rumours 5 hours ago
- Rhodri Giggs takes shot at brother Ryan Giggs over Manchester bar closureGossip & Rumours 7 hours ago
- Maradona demands access to Argentina training ground in bid to resurrect World Cup 2018 campaignWorld Cup 2018 1 hour ago
- PHOTOS: Game Yetu in Russia as Belgium take on TunisiaWorld Cup 2018 2 hours ago
- Petit points out main difference between Ronaldo and Messi in the World CupWorld Cup 2018 7 hours ago
- WORLD CUP 2018: Belgium v Tunisia official lineupsWorld Cup 2018 2 hours ago
- Chelsea star involved in bust-up with Germany team-mate during training sessionWorld Cup 2018 3 weeks ago