Manchester City close in on Alves
Manchester City are closing in on Juventus defender Dani Alves.
City are in the market for two right-backs after allowing the contracts of Pablo Zabaleta and Bacary Saga expire.
And they have been given encouragement that Juve are ready to allow the Brazilian to move to the Etihad.
The 34-year-old has a season left on his contact in Turin but wants to link up again with his former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola.
City first tried to sign Alves in 2010, when a contract row with Barca gave them hope that he would leave the Nou Camp.
- Hope for Salah as angry Egyptians snap at 'Ramos the Dog'Football 2 hours ago
- Eliud Kipchoge eight step recipe to success: Kipchoge has studied famous philosophers Aristotle and PlatoAthletics 20 hours ago
- 'Passion, belief and discipline': He is an avid reader and motivational speaker on investmentAthletics 20 hours ago
- Big shots in chase for league titleHockey 1 day ago
- Trump pardons late black boxing champion Jack Johnson jailed for dating white womanBoxing 1 day ago
- Champions League final line-ups: Real Madrid vs Liverpool at 9:45pm on KTN HomeFootball 23 hours ago
- PHOTOS: Liverpool fans attacked by hooligans ahead of Champions League finalFootball 1 day ago