Golfer Tiger Woods arrested in Florida on charge of driving under the influence
Golfer Tiger Woods was arrested in South Florida on Monday morning on a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, according to media reports.
Woods, a former top-ranked golfer who is second on the all-time list with 14 major titles, was taken into custody at about 3 a.m. (0700 GMT) near his Jupiter Island home and released hours later on his own recognizance, NBC affiliate WPTV reported.
Woods, who had his fourth back surgery in April, said last week that he felt better than he had in years and had no plans to retire from competitive golf.
- Snook wary of Morocco threatRugby 9 hours ago
- Messi and Aguero to retire from international football if Argentina flop out of World CupWorld Cup 2018 18 hours ago
- Kwale dominate school gamesSports 9 hours ago
- Arsenal midfield star to leave the club after 17 years of serviceFootball 2 days ago
- Liverpool fans to be kept in Stadium for hours as tensions mount in RomeFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea star involved in bust-up with Germany team-mate during training sessionWorld Cup 2018 3 weeks ago
- UEFA fines European giants after cat stops Champions League matchFootball 2 weeks ago