Lacazette to snub Arsenal for Atletico
Alexandre Lacazette has been given the green light to leave Lyon - but he is ready to snub Arsenal for Atletico Madrid.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has identified the Lyon striker as his No.1 summer target while Liverpool are also keen.
But it is understood that Atletico Madrid are in pole position and have set up a £50m deal which they hope to push through within days.
Lacazette has scored 34 goals in 43 games this season and has insisted he wants to move to a club with Champions League football.
Arsenal had a £40m bid rejected last summer but Lyon are ready to sell this year. West Ham also had an offer rejected last year.
Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas said: ”Alex had a good option with a club that is in his heart,” said Aulas, who turned down a £43m bid from West Ham last summer.
“If the club of his heart is able to match our demands then things will go well. Otherwise, it will depend on our other business.”
- Brilliant Musa double inspires Nigeria to victory World Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Coach Namcos sacked as players speak outRugby 22 hours ago
- Chelsea reluctant to pay Conte over his treatment of CostaGossip & Rumours 11 hours ago
- Rhodri Giggs takes shot at brother Ryan Giggs over Manchester bar closureGossip & Rumours 13 hours ago
- PHOTOS: Game Yetu in Russia as Belgium take on TunisiaWorld Cup 2018 8 hours ago
- Petit points out main difference between Ronaldo and Messi in the World CupWorld Cup 2018 12 hours ago
- Mexico beat South Korea 2-1 to edge towards World Cup last 16Football 2 hours ago