School games: Lake Kenyatta and Kaya Tiwi bag titles
Lake Kenyatta School won four trophies while national girls netball queens Kaya Tiwi School retained their title as Lamu and Kwale County secondary schools term two ‘A’ games ended yesterday.
In Lamu County games at Witu secondary school, Lake Kenyatta won the overall athletics title, boys’ athletics trophy, netball and rugby 15s.
In netball, Lake Kenyatta defeated Hongwe 30-15 in the final.
In the semi-finals, the champions hit Bakanja 47-8 while Hongwe beat Hindi 24-11.
In 15s rugby, Lake Kenyatta won all their matches to be crowned overall champions with Witu Secondary second. Mpeketoni, Hongwe and Lamu Boys High School followed in that order.
Lake Kenyatta emerged overall champions with 146 points in athletics with Hindi and Witu Mjini amassing 127 and 100 points.
The fourth trophy was in boys athletics where the school had 85 points. Hindi and Lamu Boys garnered 67 and 64 points.
Mpeketoni emerged champions in boys handball after beating Lamu Boys 17-9 in the final. On their way to the final, Lamu Boys beat Witu secondary 20-12 while Mpeketoni stopped Hindi 17-11.
In Kwale County games, Kaya Tiwi proved they are set to recapture their national title for the second year running after they kept their unbeaten record intact.
Coached by veteran Philip Onyango, the champions humiliated Franz Joseph Mamba 117-1 in the final to remain unbeaten from sub-county to the county level. [Ernest Ndunda]
- Soccer officials ferry slay queens and girlfriends on foreign tripGossip & Rumours 20 hours ago
- KTN Home Channel to broadcast Champions League final between Real Madrid and LiverpoolFootball 21 hours ago
- Ulinzi in bid to gun down rivals to reclaim title Football 9 hours ago
- What Beckham asked Zidane to do ahead of Champions League finalFootball 16 hours ago
- Liverpool out to topple RealFootball 9 hours ago
- Mane paints hometown red by donating 300 Liverpool shirtsFootball 18 hours ago
- Injured defender confident of playing at World CupFootball 9 hours ago