Cricket: National team take on Oman and Malaysia
Kenya will field two sides in friendly matches against Oman, Malaysia and Singapore that begin today at Sikh Union Club and Jaffreys Grounds, Nairobi.
The squads, made up of current and aspiring national team players, will take on Oman and Malaysia in the opening ties.
Kenya XI under national team coach Thomas Odoyo will play Oman at Jaffreys whereas Kenya Select guided by legendary Maurice Odumbe will play Malaysia at Sikh Union.
Coming from a 4-0 whitewash in Uganda, Kenya will be looking for improved performance from both outfits.
National team coaches will also be on the lookout for players who fit the bill to represent the country?.
Odoyo told Standard Sports he expects all players to give their best as well as prove they have what it takes to don national team colours.
“I’m anticipating good performance from both squads because this an opportunity to showcase their skills and abilities.
“Current national team players have a chance to cement their places in the team while upcoming players have to prove that they are good enough and have something better to offer,” Odoyo said.
He said focus will be on strengthening the batting unit which is currently Kenya’s major undoing. Shem Obado and Collins Obuya will lead Kenya XI. [Elizabeth Mburugu]
- Man United and Man City to battle for PSG superstarWorld Cup 2018 30 minutes ago
- PHOTOS: Game Yetu in Russia as Belgium take on TunisiaWorld Cup 2018 19 hours ago
- Rhodri Giggs takes shot at brother Ryan Giggs over Manchester bar closureGossip & Rumours 1 day ago
- Shujaa players boycott training ahead of Rugby World CupRugby 2 days ago
- BOXING: Police enter five boxersBoxing 10 hours ago
- Maradona demands access to Argentina training ground in bid to resurrect World Cup 2018 campaignWorld Cup 2018 18 hours ago
- Good news about Michael Olunga moving to English Premier LeagueFootball 2 weeks ago