Mwakitawa rules Taita Taveta games
New champions were crowned during the Taita Taveta County secondary schools Term One games in Wundanyi.
Little-known Mwakitawa pulled a major surprise when they conquered former champions, including last year's winners, Murray Girl High School, to win the basketball title. They won 53-48.
Josephine Odhiambo was the best player as well as the top scorer for Mwakitawa. She had 21 points.
It was the same script in boys' matches, after St Mary’s Lushangonyi defeated Dr Aggrey School 57-47 in the final.
Former champions Kenyatta Mwatate were eliminated in the group stages. Patrick Nzano of St Mary’s was the top scorer with 22 points.
In rugby, Mghalu beat Timbila 13-0 to retain the title. Taita sub-country won both heptathlon and decathlon.
- Sweden star threatened, racially abused for costly mistake against GermanyWorld Cup 2018 1 hour ago
- Rugby: MPs offer to mediate Kenya Sevens, Brand Kenya disputeRugby 13 hours ago
- BASKETBALL: Kenya defend boys’ under-18 Africa Zone Five titleBasketball 13 hours ago
- Man United and Man City to battle for PSG superstarWorld Cup 2018 3 hours ago
- Xhaka and Shaqiri facing possible bans as FIFA probes controversial celebrationsWorld Cup 2018 39 minutes ago
- Sportpesa finally unveils the identity of 31milion mega jackpot winnerWorld Cup 2018 4 days ago
- BOXING: Police enter five boxersBoxing 13 hours ago