ATHLETICS: Nyairera itching to beat Semenya
Rio Olympic women's 800m bronze medalist, Margaret Nyairera, says her dream this year is to beat South Africa's Olympic champion, Caster Semenya.
Nyairera, 21, who won the world junior championship title in 2014 held in Eugene, USA, said she has already embarked on training in her quest to wrestle the world title from the South African.
"The Olympic Games marked my first time to compete against her. It was a remarkable experience during which I learnt she was a better runner than me, which has forced me to go back to the drawing board," Nyairera told Xinhua during the Kenya Prisons Service championships held in Nairobi.
- ‘Equal Pay!’ – American fans demand progress in women’s footballFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Maybe this year will be the one – Senegal coachFootball 1 month ago
- Neymar Champions League match ban confirmedFootball 1 month ago
- Uhuru to preside over Safari RallySports 1 month ago
- Kenya taught vital football lesson by SenegalFootball 1 month ago
- Lukaku’s cousin set to help Arsenal land dream target Football 1 month ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 1 month ago