ATHLETICS: Nyairera itching to beat Semenya
Rio Olympic women's 800m bronze medalist, Margaret Nyairera, says her dream this year is to beat South Africa's Olympic champion, Caster Semenya.
Nyairera, 21, who won the world junior championship title in 2014 held in Eugene, USA, said she has already embarked on training in her quest to wrestle the world title from the South African.
"The Olympic Games marked my first time to compete against her. It was a remarkable experience during which I learnt she was a better runner than me, which has forced me to go back to the drawing board," Nyairera told Xinhua during the Kenya Prisons Service championships held in Nairobi.
- Shock as Kenyan suspended from London MarathonAthletics 3 weeks ago
- Europa League preview: Arsenal seek early advantage as Chelsea look forward to easy strollFootball 1 month ago
- EPL live: Man City host Leicester as they look to go topFootball 2 weeks ago
- Pacquiao trains son for boxing career, leaves wife in tears [Photos]Boxing 1 month ago
- Arsenal man announces he is out for the rest of the season with groin injuryFootball 3 weeks ago
- Manchester United CEO issues massive statement on Champions LeagueFootball 6 days ago
- Kenyan 800m runner Wambui slams Semenya testosterone rulingAthletics 2 weeks ago