ATHLETICS: Bekele sets 02:01:30 marathon career target
Triple Olympic track champion Kenenisa Bekele, the second-fastest marathon runner in history, said on Wednesday he can shave around 90 seconds off the current world record over the classic 26.2 mile distance before he retires.
Ethiopian Bekele, widely regarded as the greatest distance runner of all time and world record holder over 10,000 and 5,000 metres, is making an attempt at the world record this Friday at the Dubai Marathon.
He ran two hours, three minutes and three seconds when winning Berlin last September, six seconds outside Dennis Kimetto’s world record of 2:02:57 set on the same course in 2014.
- Chelsea reluctant to pay Conte over his treatment of CostaGossip & Rumours 3 hours ago
- Rhodri Giggs takes shot at brother Ryan Giggs over Manchester bar closureGossip & Rumours 5 hours ago
- Petit points out main difference between Ronaldo and Messi in the World CupWorld Cup 2018 4 hours ago
- Snook wary of Morocco threatRugby 14 hours ago
- Chelsea star involved in bust-up with Germany team-mate during training sessionWorld Cup 2018 3 weeks ago
- Arsenal midfield star to leave the club after 17 years of serviceFootball 3 days ago
- Messi and Aguero to retire from international football if Argentina flop out of World CupWorld Cup 2018 23 hours ago