ATHLETICS: Bekele sets 02:01:30 marathon career target
Triple Olympic track champion Kenenisa Bekele, the second-fastest marathon runner in history, said on Wednesday he can shave around 90 seconds off the current world record over the classic 26.2 mile distance before he retires.
Ethiopian Bekele, widely regarded as the greatest distance runner of all time and world record holder over 10,000 and 5,000 metres, is making an attempt at the world record this Friday at the Dubai Marathon.
He ran two hours, three minutes and three seconds when winning Berlin last September, six seconds outside Dennis Kimetto’s world record of 2:02:57 set on the same course in 2014.
- Lukaku makes huge transfer decision - Cristiano Ronaldo involvedFootball 3 weeks ago
- Kabras Sugar head coach upbeat ahead of KCB testRugby 1 month ago
- VAR: Was Guardiola being sarcastic on his VAR comments?Football 1 month ago
- Iwobi, Lacazette lead Arsenal to win at HuddersfieldFootball 1 month ago
- Atletico manager responds after Ronaldo mocked him with crotch-grabbing celebrationFootball 1 week ago
- Solskjaer provides Paul Pogba injury updatePremier League 1 month ago
- Hazard makes Manchester United transfer revelation Football 2 months ago