NBA: Knicks fine Rose for Pelicans no-show
The New York Knicks fined guard Derrick Rose an undisclosed amount on Tuesday, a day after he left the team unannounced due to a ‘family issue’.
Rose did not show up for the Knicks’ 110-96 loss to the New York Pelicans on Monday and the team was unsure of his whereabouts.
The former MVP returned to practice on Tuesday and apologised to the team. “It had nothing to do with the team or basketball,” Rose told reporters, declining to elaborate. “That’s the first time I ever felt like that emotionally and I had to be with family. “Everybody’s on the same page now.”
- Senegal defender confirms Sarri’s move to ChelseaWorld Cup 2018 4 hours ago
- Kenya Sevens coach Simiyu sackedRugby 20 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Why I am growing a beard this World Cup seasonWorld Cup 2018 21 hours ago
- The number United fans think new signing Fred should be givenGossip & Rumours 2 hours ago
- Long-hitting Dustin Johnson reigns as number oneGolf 1 day ago
- Turmoil in Kenya Sevens team campRugby 16 hours ago
- Simba get new kit: Simba's all dressed up for the Africa gold cupRugby 3 hours ago