Jose Mourinho rewards Manchester United players after winning streak against Hull
Manchester United's players have been rewarded with a day off after continuing their winning run against Hull.
The Red Devils made it nine victories on the spin with a 2-0 success in the EFL Cup semi-final first-leg at Old Trafford.
Next up is Liverpool on Sunday in a potentially-explosive showdown in the race for the Premier League title.
Ahead of the clash, boss Jose Mourinho has given his players a day off as they recover from the Hull success.
United's players are set to return to training on Thursday to begin their preparations for the clash with Liverpool.
Defender Chris Smalling started against Hull and is expected to keep his place if Marcos Rojo doesn't recover from a muscle injury.
"We knew that if we could keep the winning run going then we couldn't have more confidence going into one of the biggest games of the season. Everyone is really up for it," he said.
"I think we’ll recover on Wednesday, then we have a good few days to work on the tactics on how to nullify their threats and to really impact our own play to keep this run going.
- Why Real Madrid defender Marcelo chopped away the net after Champions League winFootball 8 hours ago
- HOCKEY: Telkom beat woeful VikingsHockey 1 day ago
- Hope for Salah as angry Egyptians snap at 'Ramos the Dog'Football 8 hours ago
- Snook targets World Cup qualification with SimbasRugby 1 month ago
- SportPesa Premier League: Nakumatt continue resurgence, Sharks silence BandariFootball 9 hours ago
- Athletics: Cheruiyot victorious in Bowerman Mile raceAthletics 2 hours ago
- PHOTOS: Gor Mahia takes on Hull City at Kasarani StadiumFootball 2 weeks ago