Kenyan top referee Davies Omweno suspended by CAF
Kenyan referee Davies Omweno has been handed a three-month suspension by Caf.
The Nakuru-based Fifa-accredited referee was banned by the African football governing body for alleged poor performance during the 2018 world cup qualifiers match between Libya and Tunisia on November 11.
Omweno was also accused of wrong positioning and movement, incorrect identification of fouls and failure to administer some disciplinary sanctions.
Other referees who have been suspended include Berhe O’Michael (Eritrea), Joseph Odartei (Ghana) and Theogene Ndagijimana (Rwanda).
- Shujaa tackle England, Spain in Dubai Sevens Rugby 20 hours ago
- BREAKING: Marco Silva sacked as Everton managerPremier League 1 day ago
- Kisumu All Stars launch new jerseys for KPLFootball 1 day ago
- Cecafa task won’t be too heavy for KimanziSports 1 day ago
- Messi to lead Argentina against Australia in Copa America Football 2 days ago
- Big show at Magical Kenya Ladies OpenGolf 1 day ago
- Gunners boss reveals why Aubameyang left the field for a toilet break during Arsenal's defeat to BrightonFootball 14 hours ago