PICTURES: Nairobi among cities that experienced Supermoon, next appearance in 2033
SCI & TECH
| September 28th 2015
Sky-watchers around the world were treated when the shadow of Earth cast a reddish glow on the moon, the result of rare combination of an eclipse with the closest full moon of the year. The total "supermoon" lunar eclipse, also known as a "blood moon" is one that appears bigger and brighter than usual as it reaches the point in its orbit that is closest to Earth.
A supermoon occurs when the Moon is in the closest part of its orbit to Earth, meaning it appears larger in the sky. This phenomenon was last observed in 1982 and won't come again until 2033.
KCB profile improves on credit ratings boostKenya Commercial Bank (KCB) has received high ratings from ratings agencies Moody’s, and Standard and Poor’s, lifting the lender’s profile as East Africa’s largest commercial bank by asset base.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
What killed 17-year-old boy in girls school
- Professionals from three counties back Raila's State House dream
- Raila delivers Sh10m gift to Kigumo hospital after student request
- Raila, BBI team oppose prayer by five professors
- Man admits killing Catholic priest who sodomised him
- Pull down video and apologise, Governor Mutua tells Boniface Mwangi
By Jael Mboga