KWS pilot killed in gyrocopter crash
By Hillary Orinde | November 19th 2020
A Kenya Wildlife Service pilot on Thursday died when a light aircraft he was flying crash-landed near the Kenya Aviation Training School in Birika, Isinya, Kajiado County.
He was alone in the gyrocopter, multiple sources, including Isinya police boss Kinyua Mugambi, told Standard Digital.
The AutoGyro aircraft model MTOsport 2010, registered 5Y-KWV, went down at about 7 am during a routine training exercise.
It caught fire when it crash-landed at the Orly Airpark, authorities said.
Investigations are on to establish the cause of the accident.
KWS corporate communications office, in a terse statement, said was used for park patrols and "thorough investigations" to find the cause of the accident had started.
"Kenya Wildlife Service wishes to convey our deepest condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of the deceased pilot," it added.
Kiru School principal’s widow declared guilty of murder
- Family appeals for help for American man held in hospital over bill
- 16-year-old girl ends her life over boyfriend
- Editors rally for TV station after exposé
- Moni Wekesa: The academic giant in the hot CJ seat today
By Betty Njeru
- Why man’s CCTV evidence is useless in his divorce case