Keter dismiss petition to have him barred from running
By Rael Jelimo
| May 26th 2017
Nandi Hills MP Alfred Keter has dismissed a petition by civil society groups seeking to have him and 19 other aspirants barred from vying for public office.
In the petition, the National Integrity Alliance cited the 2015 Gilgil Weighbridge saga where they said the Nandi Hills MP obstructed and harassed legitimate authority.
But speaking to The Standard, the MP accused the group of branding him guilty yet the court had not issued its judgement.
"These NGOs simply don't know what to do with their money," he said.
Uhuru admits divine intervention is needed for corruption, political divisionDeputy President William Ruto expressed optimism that the country would weather political storms before and after the polls.
Diabetes: Insulin now an essential drugListing NCDs is a relief to Kenyans like 65-year-old Kahuho Mathai from Nyeri County, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Mudavadi hints at new alliance as he seeks top job
- Kalonzo, Gideon announce parting ways with Mudavadi
- Second serving of special meal earns student 6 days’ suspension
- Finally, ANC ‘Earthquake’ day is here [in pictures]
- Drama at Bomas: Ruto arrives, Gideon, Kalonzo leave
- Fresh details on life of woman killed and stashed in suitcase