Shahbal ditches CORD for JAP
By BENARD SANGA and PATRICK BEJA
| February 10th 2015
The Coalition for Reforms and Democracy (CORD) was Monday dealt a blow when politician Suleiman Shahbal defected to Jubilee Alliance Party (JAP). This comes barely two weeks after Mombasa ODM Chairman Ramadhani Kajembe also defected.
Shahbal, who contested in the last General Election's gubernatorial seat said he had joined JAP after consultation with his supporters in order to build it in readiness for the next polls. He is leaving Wiper, which is a CORD affiliate party.
However, Wiper leader Kalonzo Musyoka termed Shahbal's defection as good riddance, saying it has undermined his chances of winning the Mombasa gubernatorial seat.
16-year-old boy loses genitals over Sh20 busaa debt he hadn’t settledIn his book, The Ellison Effect, Avra Amar Filion said that one cannot measure a man by his riches but by the quality of the woman holding his hand.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Man who walked 230km to attend Mashujaa celebrations left stranded at hotel
- Kiraitu Murungi party to endorse Governor Muriithi as Raila deputy
- You will pay Sh5,000 for not using city footbridges
- Uhuru, Ruto in a show of comradeship at Mashujaa Day Celebration
- The two women in Ndichu twins altercation speak out
- 10-year boy fighting for life, two women arrested after an attempted exorcism