Tractor operator dragged to death in horrific paper mill machine accident
By Harold Odhiambo | April 23rd 2021
A man was on Friday, April 23, crashed to death after accidentally slipping into a conveyor belt at a paper factory in Kisumu.
Morris Ongonyo, a tractor operator at Kibos Paper Mill, died instantly after the conveyor belt dragged him into a machine.
A security guard at the facility could only watch in disbelief as the 34- year-old met his death in the fatal accident.
County Commander Samuel Anampiu confirmed the death and said it was an occupational hazard.
"The victim accidentally fell into a moving conveyor belt and was crushed and killed on the spot," said Anampiu.
The body has been moved to Jaramogi Teaching and Referral Hospital mortuary.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
Three arrested over failed raid on Kinamba Police Station
- The long and vicious battle for Samuel Wanjiru’s millions
- In God's name: How gospel greats sow seeds of sin
- Suspended SDA students record exemplary performance in KCSE
By Nikko Tanui
- Assistant Inspector-General of Police William Sing’oei found dead
By Kamore Maina
- How Wajir governor’s wife took over running of county