Candidates detained for cheating arraigned in court
By Stanley Ongwae | April 9th 2021
Nine candidates have been charged at the Nyamira Law Courts for allegedly engaging in examination malpractice.
The suspects appeared before Principal Magistrate Mourine Nyigei on Wednesday at about 4 pm during a special hearing convened after normal sessions ended at 1 pm.
The candidates were accused of having the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) test materials for Chemistry Paper 3 at the Nyamira Town examinations centre.
The suspects, who include six candidates from a private examination centre, pleaded not guilty.
Nyamira county Director of Public Prosecutions officer Desmond Majale said the charges preferred were holding, and that the right charges would be brought forth.
The nine accused persons were granted a personal bond of Sh10,000 with sureties.
The case is coming up for a hearing on July 13.
Father of 17 pleads for help as life pushes him to the edge
By Faith Kutere
- Narok governorship race hots up as sole female aspirant okayed by elders
- Woman brutalised by police for flouting curfew rules
- Driver dies in speeding muguka Probox accident
- Human Rights Commission blasts placement of roadblocks on Thika Road
- The gods must be crazy and have invaded Western Kenya