Governor Cornel Rasanga's wife decries early pregnancies
By Isaiah Gwengi
| October 26th 2015
Siaya Governor Cornel Rasanga’s wife Rosella Rasanga has decried the high rate of teenage pregnancy and early marriage. Mrs Rasanga said the current trend where a number of girls were abandoning their education to get married was posing a serious concern to education stakeholders in the region.
“As stakeholders, we are keen to see that every girl who starts her primary education completes her education. This is, however, not always the case as a number of girls drop out to get married,” she said. She noted that the high rate of school drop-outs will not enable the county to achieve Vision 2030.
Smart way that'll beat 'tyranny of numbers'General elections in the country are often a security scare. Because of this, one of the most common refrains from our politicians is the call to live together, especially during elections, as Kenyans, regardless of our political and ethnic affiliations.
Why Kenyan boxers are winning medals once againThe BFK led by President Anthony ‘Jamal’ Ombok was elected into the office in 2019 and has since...
Happy ending for brave Form Two student begging for school fees on city streets
- Governor Hillary Barchok taken to task over hiring staff from the same community
- Kenya Power board kicked out of House as key meeting aborts
- Governor Chepkwony now opposes James Finlay's move to sell flower farm
By Nikko Tanui
- Woman dies while reporting ‘stubborn’ daughter to police
By Brian Okoth
- Officer arrested over link to 2,040 bullets found in Embakasi car
By Jael Mboga