Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commissionannounces new dates for Homa Bay by-election
| Dec 20th 2014 | 1 min read
Homabay, Kenya: The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) has extended the Homa Bay senatorial by-election date by ten days.
IEBC Chief Executive Officer Betty Sungura said the by-election has been moved to February 12, from February 2, 2015.
This comes after High Court Justice George Odunga pushed the deadline for political party’s primaries from December 19 to December 27.
“In view of the court decision, we have decided to move the elections to February 12, 2015.This addresses the 10-days gap resulting from the extension of party primaries,” Sungura said.
She said nomination papers should be delivered to IEBC on January 15 and 16, 2015 adding that campaigns will officially start from January 17 and end by February 10.
Moi to grace famous Kimalel goat auctionFormer President Daniel Moi is today expected to join other leaders during the second annual Kimalel goat auction in Baringo County.
When Njonjo almost resigned over coffee smugglersKnown as the era of black gold, it began in 1976 when Ugandan farmers decided to sell their coffee in the private market.
Ringa Boys High School on the spot over student's death
By James Omoro
- Ngilu and Musila in talks over top seat
- Court blocks two children born out of wedlock from inheriting step-father's property
By Daniel Chege
- Oscar Sudi was not our student, ex-Highway Secondary School principal testifies
By Paul Ogemba
- Why Wiper isn't about to sever ties with Azimio
- Samuel Mugota: Wife reveals puzzling details of man shot dead at Mirema