570 orphans receive Sh2.7m fee donation
By Naftal Makori
| August 18th 2014
Nyamira, Kenya: Aphia Plus, a local NGO, has donated Sh2.7 million towards the education of 570 orphans in Nyamira County.
The NGO's County Programmes Co-ordinator Raphael Mutisya said the money would be channeled through two community based organisations (CBOs).
Speaking in Nyamira when he delivered the cheque to Deputy Governor Amos Nyaribo, Mutisya said through the CBOs, Aphia Plus has registered over 2,700 needy children who will benefit from a five-year-programme funded by USAID.
"The programme is expected to end in 2015 and the bulk of the children who have received support are in secondary school where the fees burden is highest," said Mutisya.
Bungoma on high alert over EbolaBungoma's ministry of health is on high alert following fears of the spread of Ebola, the County Executive for Health and Sanitation Grace Khayota has said.
Diabetes: Insulin now an essential drugListing NCDs is a relief to Kenyans like 65-year-old Kahuho Mathai from Nyeri County, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Kenya's ardent football fan Isaac Juma hacked to death
- NHIF patients won’t get services at private hospitals starting Monday
HEALTH & SCIENCE
- Bizarre tale of woman in homicide-suicide saga who lived double life
- Where is Felista Nyamathira? Mystery of millionaire student's whereabouts
By Paul Ogemba
- Isaac Juma said his life was in danger
- Mudavadi: OKA principals demanded I give them NDC guest list in advance