Three injured in Marsabit after unknown assailants open fire
By Betty Njeru
| November 20th 2021
Three people sustained gunshot wounds at Kiwanja Ndege in Saku Sub-County, Marsabit County on Friday evening after two unknown gunmen raided their home.
The attackers arrived at the victims’ home on a motorbike and opened fire, seriously injuring the three, who were taken to Marsabit County Referral Hospital for treatment.
Marsabit Deputy County Commissioner David Saruni told The Standard that the victims – an elderly man, a middle-aged woman and a child – are members of one family.
Businesses were forced to close early on Friday as tension remained high in Marsabit Town.
A relative calm, however, resumed on Saturday morning, with traders opening shops for business.
Spare a thought for our children, what they need is understandingToday, we celebrate the World Children’s Day in uniquely difficult circumstances.
Political parties fault Chebukati for missing eventPolitical parties have expressed concern over the failure of the electoral commission to meet them to plan for next year’s elections.
City official turns down plum job in DP Ruto’s UDA party
- Top KANU official tells off Atwoli over bid to join Azimio la Umoja
- 2,945 teaching positions advertised as TSC seeks to fill gaps left
- No more adjournment of cases set for hearing, Koome says
- Fight over First-Year JKUAT girl ends tragically
By Brian Okoth
- Juja woman who was killed, stashed in suitcase identified
By Fred Kagonye