Nairobi Expressway has resumed operations at the Mlolongo, Syokimau, and SGR toll stations after being closed following vandalism during protests last week.
The Moja Expressway Company said in a statement on Sunday, July 16, that the highway was now ready for use, calling on motorists to be mindful of ongoing restoration works at selected locations.
"Please note that the Nairobi Expressway has now resumed operations at the Mlolongo, Syokimau, and SGR Toll Stations and we are ready to serve you," the company said in a statement on its Twitter page.
"For your safety, we urge all motorists using the Nairobi Expressway to be mindful of the ongoing restoration works at selected locations and drive within the prescribed speed of 80km/h."
The highway was closed on Thursday after protests against the government turned violent, with some protesters looting and vandalizing the road on Wednesday.
Several gantries were destroyed during the chaos, with Transport Cabinet Secretary Kipchumba Murkomen estimating the cost of repairs to be Sh700 million.
The Moja Expressway Company said that the restoration work was ongoing, but that the highway was now safe for use.
"We apologize for any inconvenience caused during the closure of the highway," the company said.
"We are committed to providing you with a safe and reliable travel experience."