Two shot dead, four injured in botched Eastleigh robbery
By Patrick Vidija | July 22nd 2021
Two suspected robbers have been Killed in Nairobi’s burgeoning Eastleigh Estate.
The two were among a six-member gang that had allegedly plotted to rob a hardware in the area.
In a tweet posted today, The Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) said the two were shot dead by Pangani-based officers, who responded swiftly to a distress call.
The DCI said the gang had broken into Jamarat Hardware in Eastleigh’s 4th Street before they were busted by the police.
“In a bid to clear the city off criminal gangs, the officers responded swiftly and gunned down two of the thugs. Earlier, the misfits had arrived at the hardware aboard a pickup truck to stage their brazen robbery,” tweeted the DCI.
The George Kinoti-led department said the timely response by the officers forced the gang to flee.
“The armed hoodlums had, in a bid to evade arrest, fired at the officers; their bullets missing a corporal leading the onslaught by a whisker. Unbowed, the officers responded decisively, fatally injuring two gangsters. Four others escaped with gunshot wounds,” stated the DCI.
A pistol with three rounds of ammunition, claw bars and other crude weapons were recovered from the scene.
Two water tanks that the suspected robbers had allegedly stolen from the hardware were recovered.
Detectives are pursuing the other four who escaped with gunshot wounds.
Olympics: Faith leads Chebet and Jebitok into 1,500m women semi-finals
- Will Kenya finally open its medal account today?
- Olympics: Chepkoech and Kiyeng ready to deliver glory
- Italian Jacobs wins men's 100m gold at Tokyo Olympics
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession